Monday, December 21, 2009

Change in Blog Focus

This blog began as a personal journey about the changes that were happening within Joan and me as we were being led from Horseheads, NY to the Albany, NY area. Once I had settled into the churches where I now minister (Fort Miller, NY and Chestertown, NY) I noticed that the focus of the blog needed to change to be about what God is doing in these churches. I struggled with that change because it meant that I would be writing for people who are not in the churches I am currently pastoring. I would like to be able to share about what God is doing in the churches and in individual lives. But to make this change I kind of feel like the people in these churches need to not read about themselves. I am not going to share names or private info, it just seems like it would be better if people were not reading about themselves.

I have struggled with this refocusing for a couple of months and yesterday I finally decided to make the change. It frees me up to share freely from my heart. I have removed the links to this blog from the website for the churches seewhatgodisdoing.com and the only people who will really be aware of this blog are those of you who have signed up to read it.

I have been writing regularly about the churches in emails to various people so I am going to do an initial blog post that will kind of catch up to this date. I will tell you this - God has been doing some awesome things in the churches and in lives. I am excited about the opportunity to give God glory through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment