Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Should Have Been More Specific When I Prayed

I have been praying for a while that we would get a drummer in the church. Well, I figured the odds of someone coming to the church who was a drummer were pretty slim. This past Sunday I mentioned this in passing from the pulpit and after the service a young man approached me and said that he was a drummer and that he would love to help out. I could tell by the kind of person he was that he would be great to work with. As we talked I found out that this was only his second time in church, but he knew that he wanted God to have his life. Then he said there was one problem, he didn't have a drum set right now.

Immediately I thought that I should have prayed for a drummer with a drum set! I should have been more specific when I prayed. Well, now my prayer has changed - I am praying that this young man will meet God through Christ and that we can find a drum set. If you are praying with me, I would prefer an electronic set with digital sound if possible.

Of course, I am kind of joking (and I am kind of not joking). I believe that God has his hand on this young man with or without drums, but I wonder what might have happened if I had had more faith and I had prayed for more. Hmmm.

1 comment:

  1. We are told to be specific in our prayers. This may be a situation where you prayed exactly as you should have - the Spirit intecedes as necessary. This young man needs God. It seems he has been placed in your church for such a time as this! I hope to hear the path that God takes this prayer!
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete